Sunday, January 1, 2012

take on the midnight texts

Maybe I've just gotten too old, maybe I've gotten too lame and maybe I'm too critical but I cannot explain often enough how insincere the mass New Years text message is..   This is like somebody posing 'happy new year' on Facebook and feeling like they connected to somebody.   But unlike previous years, this year I turned my ringer off so I wouldn't be woken up at 12:01, 12:04, 12:05, 12:08 and 12;09 from this lame excuse of bandwidth .   See the one thing I've learned is that when you plan to bring in the New Year dead asleep, it makes sense to turn off your phone ringer because it is the one day in the year when you get text messages from random folks that are mostly indecipherable from one another.    Now I have nothing against the personal message but like we have pointed out all too often at TOR, the mass text message is anything but considerate, for example this morning I must have woken up to 20 messages and honestly they could all have been the same one wishing 'you and your family a great 2012'  
Next time you want to wish me anything.. wish that my phone-plan gets canceled.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know my text wasn't sent en masse. There's only guy in the world that I would text about his descending ball sack.