Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Take on luggage

Over 15 years of heavy traveling, there is one thing which I have yet
to figure out and it has nothing to do with TSA patdowns, size of my
toothpaste tube or delays at LaGuardia. What I can't seem to get is
that it doesn't matter how many days you travel, you always have a
full bag. Take today when I'm off for three days, I lugged the same
piece of luggage I will likely take when I go to Europe for 7 days.
Although you need a few more pair of socks or underwear and a couple
more shirts, it's the staples that kill you.... It doesn't matter how
many days you travel, you still need your toothbrush and deodorant.
I still want a pair of jeans and a sweater for lounging in the hotel.
Regardless of the longevity of the trip, I still bring pair of
sneakers and gym clothes. You need a belt and a sport-coat
regardless, you need a charger, your computer and your pen drive.
I need to figure out a business model where somebody hands you a full
bag with everything you'll need when you get off a flight. Most of
us would be fine with a toiletry bag, a few white or blue button
downs, a few undershirts and a pair of sneakers. They throw in an
iPhone charger and a few pairs of socks and all of a sudden you are
only boarding with a messenger bag

Maybe this is the newest billion dollar idea.. You go online and set
up a profile with what you need and whenever you travel you just tell
them how many days you'll be on the road and a bag meets you at Denver
airport by the car rental counter. I just need to get it vetted by
averageasshole.com

No comments: