Friday, January 6, 2012

Take on the ConEd envelope

Has anybody else noticed the new ConEd envelopes? Maybe I'm the only
one but there is quite a bit of irony in them trumpeting their new
'green' initiative by printing it on the envelopes they send out their
bills in. Whereas Bank of America and other bill envelopes use the
envelope to implore the payee to sign up for paperless billing, ConEd
sees it all together differently. Obviously ConEd has a lot more
experience in customer relations than I ever do as they must cover
their asses for all those service outages but even the promotion of
green energy for a cleaner planet by a company like ConEd seems
disingenuous.
I signed up to have my portion of energy come from ultra clean wind
energy. For this, ConEd charges me a premium (which I willingly
accept) but they then use my usage to fight off charges they rely on
dirty energy sources and most probably taking advantage of tax breaks
designed for the spread of non carbon fuels
I am the one making the choice and paying the price but it is ConEd
who takes the bows
So much for saving me money

2 comments:

pheobe22 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pheobe22 said...

Amazing stuff of the blogs!! That has amazed me. cheap eddm postcard printing