Wednesday, January 4, 2012

take on the check

When I sat down at the bar last night waiting for the rest of my
dinner party to arrive, I was appalled was the price of the beers.
The cheapest option on the menu was some Turkish Ale which tasted like
it was filtered through the Turks sweaty sock.  The price of a bottle
was $7 which even in Manhattan feels expensive but what really got me
is when it was time to pay the bill.  First of all after tax the bill
came out to $7.62 which for something that tastes like it was made
from Kafta seems outrageous.  But what really got me is that when
handed the bartender a $20 she only handed me $12 back.   I get
rounding up or down when it's about a nickel but to round up $0.38 ??
To add insult to injury, she didn't even as much as mention it just
left it sitting there.
Then she has the gall to give me a dirty look when I don't tip beyond
what she had stolen already

No comments: