Monday, October 5, 2009

Wash up


Having recently brought (or witnessed the event) a little baby girl into this crazy world, things have really slowed down for me which I’m totally fine with; I’m even getting used to having to wash my hands every time I walk into the house.


But it does bring an interesting thought to my mind which I may have TOR’d about in the past. I can understand washing your hands before you handle an infant as there are all types of germs that you can pick up as you deal with the undesirables riding the subway. I’m not even remotely germophobic for myself, I don’t wash my hands before I eat dinner and have no issue sharing a sandwich or a soda with somebody else but fatherhood puts things into perspective I guess. But even to somebody who will share his back-wash beer there is one thing in this US Society which makes no sense at all.

People will wash their hands after taking a leak because I guess people are afraid that they’ve pissed on their hands or because they don’t want to expose their neighbors to a Junk Handshake.   It is a presumed courtesy that your hands are washed before you shake somebody elses but even knowing that they will often take the extra precaution and wash up a few times a day because nobody trusts anybody else and you don’t know where the other guy's hands may have been.

One thing that doesn’t make sense is why we don’t wash our hands BEFORE we take a leak, see I know where my hands have been and I really don’t want that stuff touching my junk. There are public address announcement about
- covering your unit with latex before sticking it in a nasty chick but why not take a similar precaution to not get Hepatitis B on your sack after moving a copy of AM NewYork off the subway seat and then taking a leak.
-Washing your hands so you don't give yourself H1N1 after being in contact with some sneezing, coughing slob
but nothing about covering your junk before you grab it with your disease covered hands.

People will say that if you don’t wash your hands before you eat, it’s the equivalent of rubbing your tongue on the floor of a men’s room; I’m not game for that but I’m also not that happy about rubbing my unit on said men’s room floor.

So I think it’s time to take a stand, wash your hands before you touch your junk.

1 comment:

RHB said...

I always wash my hand before and after I use the bathroom. But this comes from years of working in a lab environment culturing cells. So I am fully aware of what can and can not be transferred. I recommend washing before and after.