Friday, October 9, 2009

There must be something in the air!!!!



A good buddy of mine (and former blogger for www.SomeOneMadeMe.blogspot.com) got engaged last night and frankly we were floored then again Obama won the Noble Peace Prize and he’s been in office only slightly longer than my buddy had been dating his chick.

I’m all for Obama getting it right but I wonder why we heap praises on him which aren’t warranted. Although as both an American citizen and a citizen of the world I hope he does so far he hasn’t accomplished enough yet to be bestowed that honor. If he wins a Noble Peace Prize for sending more troops to Afghanistan than what will he get for allowing congress to screw up Health-Care reform? Although I was encouraged to see that the new program by spending a trillion dollars may actually decrease the long term federal debt by cutting the fat in Medicare spending. The issue is that although Medicare does a lot of things right it also costs a fortune and with more people getting old, it’s only going to get more expensive. I guess I don’t understand the argument people make against universal health-care who are the same people who happily take Medicare, come on the people who go to these ridiculous town-halls are all old people. This is like a bunch of fat people bitching about a bunch of people at the gym getting a coupon for a hazelnut smoothie.

No comments: