Friday, October 23, 2009

So let me get this right

I know this was covered on Seinfeld but when I show up at the doctor there is a sign which reads that if you are more than 15 minutes late your appointment will be cancelled but apparently when you show up on time the can let you sit there for ever. The irony of this is often lost on the receptionists who look insulted if you even bring it up. This is where companies have it so wrong. Why do they refuse to pay for competence especially for a person who deals with your customers.

Just this week I called to dispute a bill I got for TV use in the postpartum room. They first charge you almost $2000 for the room. Then they charge me $10 for a bagel and then a week later I get a bill for $7 for having turned the TV on.. I know the health care system is run by a bunch of greedy crooks but this is absurd .

I call to complain but can't seem to make my point to the person answering the phone that the concept of charging an additional $7 for TV is ludicrous especially because I wasn't aware that there would be and charge.
But what is the most frustrating is when you call and get connected with a chick who sounds like she's right out of West Side Story as she chomps on gum but can give you no information on: why there was a charge, who authorized it or how we can complain about it.

Her response. "You gotta pay cause we sent the bill"

Thanks
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

Did you see my FB post that my MD says you've got to get there 15 mins early, then I get there at 12:45 for my 1pm appointment and I have to wait in the HALLWAY becauase they close the office for one hour for lunch, to return at 1PM!!! Seriously rediculous.

Righetti said...

I did read that FB post.. these doctors have some nerve with their laissez faire attitudes, high Co-Pays and germ infested offices