Sunday, October 25, 2009

Humidifier

So with a sniffling 5 week old, I was advised to buy a humidifier which I happily did and unwrapped as soon as I got home and now my entire house feels like a swamp. I am convinced that these things to minimize the effects of the flu but instead help to spread the flu. A room at 85 degrees and completely humid sounds like the ideal place for viruses and bacteria to thrive. This is what my jock area feels like after a long run and I know there is crap growing there.
This is like walking into a NYSC sauna and being convinced that if you bend over you'll be OK.. Use a little common sense and you"ll realize that the dudes aren't smuggling hot sausages into the locker rooms...
At the same time Obama declares a state of emergency around the VH1N1 and I'm sure the crowded hospitals will now start to look like those public buses in India with people pouring out of every corner.. Maybe he's trying to stir up support to overhaul the healthcare system by showing it's failure to handle a crisis...
Why is it that our healthcare system acts like a funnel when it comes to the uninsured but what I don't get about the argument against a public option is that people will say there is already an option for the poor which is emergency rooms... Who pays for these visits geniuses? Go ahead and send a guy who makes $6 an hour at a Bodega a bill for $20,00 and see how much of it he'll pay..
You have a better chance not getting your pipes cleaned in that NYSC sauna.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

I'm afraid that those things cause mold and bacteria issues. Got to clean them too often, and who does that?