Friday, October 2, 2009

smokers beware.. Righetti on the prowl



A few years ago Mike Bloomberg outlawed cigarette smoking in the workplace which included bars and restaurants. This was probably the single-most pleasant thing that ever happened to the NYC bar-scene as I would come home after a night of boozing and choosing and stinking like a god-damned ashtray.


It also included outdoor stadiums and other public places which is also very pleasant as I don’t want to be choking on your second-hand smoke with chowing down on a $7.50 Foot-Long Hot-dog and a $8 Cold Budweiser at the Yankee game.

Bloomberg is talking about including public parks etc which I’m all for.. Not that I’m for taking away personal rights but I do feel like the non-smokers’ rights should also be protected and I’m willing to take it one step further, making these schleps huddle outside in the cold infront of bar isn't enough anymore..

I don’t’ want the guy walking down the street in front of me smoking his second-hand smoke into the air and my 10 day old kid inhaling your filthy habit. If you want to smoke you should be forced to walk with one of thes ridiculous umbrellas probably invented by the Japanese, you know the type that look like Lord Helmet’s Helmet but instead of it cutting off by your shoulders it would have to zipper to your jacket so that no smoke can seep out (or air seep in by the way)..




Cause honestly this invasion of my human rights is ridiculous

No comments: