Monday, October 19, 2009

a sense of urgency




I often question why people are so inherently lazy, why they don’t ever seem to be rushing to do anything while I always feel like I’m up to my ears in stuff. I’m not a person who relaxes much, I consider my level of energy as one of my greatest characteristics; I never slow down and have more stamina than most everybody I meet. This is both a blessing and a curse as I expect other’s to hold themselves to a similar standard when it especially when it comes to a level of urgency. I’m not saying you have to be running through life in a constant state of hyper-panic but what I can’t stand is the dilly-dallying that I see all the time as people go through their normal lives. What I don’t understand how I’m always busy and so many people have endless amounts of time.


Just yesterday leaving the supermarket it amazed me how slow people walk through the aisles, move to the registers and walk to their cars. It’s Sunday night at 8pm, there is a ton of good stuff on TV and it’s about 40 degrees outside, why would you casually stroll to your car with 10 bags of groceries in your cart? It’s like being stuck on a one-lane highway behind a blue-haired Sunday driver as these people move through the aisles and down the ramp. It’s not as if they are distracted, they are just slow. I live in NYC and move on a NYC timeframe and I think this is where the rest of the USA is falling behind; we are a lazy country of people who feel no sense of urgency for anything. I just don’t understand this concept in doing anything in life why let you life pass you by. It is an absolute chore for me to walk as slowly as these people do; I have to work harder to move at this pace than I do when I run 5 miles

1 comment:

Wanna Be A Foodie said...

I'm so behind on reading your blog. But at least I'm reading!