Monday, December 29, 2008

Whiskey Falls

On route to the Sahara in a beat-up 1976 caravan, packed to the hills with Whiskey Falls on the Ipod. Nothing like listening to country when you feel like you are not wanted in another country, especially when you can't even drown your sorrow is some whiskey... I won't be afraid but I do get a bit icky when the world moves at a pace I can't follow. Especially cause the driver took an inventory of each of our nationalities as we depart Cairo to spend 3 nights in the desert, sleeping under the stars on the border of Khadafi land



I can't remember the last time I felt so out of place anywhere in the world as I felt driving through the outskirts of Cairo this afternoon. Not exactly sure what the word for 'white guy' in Arabic is but I'm pretty sure it involves spitting on the windshield. I'm only half kidding when say that one of the major reason's I hate Bush is that I am sick of feeling the darts of hatred shoot out of people's eyes when I travel.


I am not naive enough to question why the rest of this world hates us although the Jon Bon Jovi tribute probably didn't help my own cause.



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: