Thursday, December 18, 2008

I have the bladder of a pregnant woman



My transformation to a full fledged chick is almost complete, first I had to wear the training bra, then I had to deal with my fat thighs, of course there was that time I got the fat pregnant lady ankles and then came that nasty bout with a UTI but now my bladder is acting like I’m six months pregnant.


Luckily this bladder issue isn’t coming up all the time but this morning in hit the diner next to my office and proceeded to down about 10 cups of coffee. It’s 11AM and I’ve already run to the can three times since 8:15 this morning. It’s as if my body is completely incapable of processing caffeine because as soon as I have more than 1 cup of coffee, I find myself desperately searching for a bathroom for some needed relief. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I find myself doing the jig from one foot to another in a desperate attempt to relieve the pressure on the bladder when there isn’t an open stall. Alcohol does it to me also but nothing is as bad as a cup of coffee

Now back to a more important topic, diners. As much as I hate crappy Christmas gifts, I love diners from the waitresses to the grilled cheese. The quality is just so-so, but the prices are fantastic and they give you get that bottomless cup of Joe. Plus the diner is really one of the only places left on this world where you can get a cup of coffee for less than $1.00.

Except for the price, it’s really the Starbucks before Starbucks as you can sit at a diner sipping coffee for 3 hours reading the paper and nobody bothers you at all. You just get refill after refill and run back and forth to the men’s room three times per hour but nobody every makes you feel like you should scram.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i pee all the time too. during a night, i use the bathroom about 4-6 times.