Friday, December 26, 2008

Egyptian Cotton

When you step off a plane in a third world country, you are almost always a bit shocked. The shock is not by the people, the conditions or the poverty but rather by the clusterf*ck what is the rest of the world. I am the anti Thomas Friedman when I tell you the world is not flat, it is an egg shape. There is no rhyme or reason to the speed of the rest of the world, nothing moves in predictable patterns, on regular schedules, in between the painted lines on the streets or with normal flowing toilets.

The crowds at the airport move to some kind of hidden beat in rotation through snaked lines where the lack of signs or directions seem like a rite of passage and the real expectation is that with a few $$$, you can rush past all of this chaos. The American dollar still has value, maybe not on the currency trading floors


I need a drink and I need a drink now


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: