Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shot 'em UP



Sounds like Obama has sort of stopped smoking, he's stopped smoking kind of like I stopped doing shots. I know I really shouldn't but when I'm out and ripping it up there really is nothing that can be said to stop me from going down that path.

When I do shots I want to make sure it hurts..not just as it goes down but it has some real residual pain.. My rules are simple
A) I don't believe in doing fruity shots,
B) I don't do shots with sugar on the rim and
C) for $5, the shot should be all liquor, no splash of coke, no spash of juice, no splash of anything just hard booze.

Honestly when I'm going to do shots it's only Tequila or Jack and really there are only two reasons

1) shots aren't supposed to be good, I don't even believe they should be fun.. they should hurt and hurt bad. It costs you $5 of $6 for a shot at an average bar and for a five-spot I want it to hurt going down.

2) Shots are supposed to be a party.. There is no better thing than seeing one of your idiot friends' faces as he forces down a shot of Jack or some chick who looks like she's going to lose her lunch as soon as the shot goes down..

BUT there are limits to this..honestly the next time I order a shot of SoCo, I really hope the bartender pours me a shot of gasoline, it can't possibly be worse. For the same respect, the next time I fill up the car, maybe the gas attendant can just pour the SoCo right into the tank.


So David Gregory will be the new host on Meet the Press, he's no Russert but luckily he is no Tom Brokaw either.

3 comments:

warren2600 said...

thats why i hate when someone mentions shots around you.

i hate jack daniels guts, but god damnit do i respect the hell out of him.

....and now i know to order soco shots this weekend.


toodles

The Bump said...

what kind of faggity ass city folk are you hanging with that make a face when shootin whiskey.

Unknown said...

the bump is soooooooo hilarious! is that your brother? he is so funny & abrupt & un-pc & cracks me up out loud!
ok so i only drink fruity bright-colored cocktails. whenever i walk into a bar, even if it's a masculine pub, the first thing i ask the bartender for is a drink menu. surprisingly, some of the places u wouldn't expect to have a cocktail menu totally have one! i love girly drinks!