Monday, May 18, 2015

Take on the morning (and midday) commute

I got into a cab at 6:25 this morning and rushed to LaGuardia for an 8:30am flight to Indiana. I got there at about 7:30, the cab ride taking longer than expected mostly due to the huge amount of fog hovering over NYC. When I get there I am first met with the typical Monday morning lines which feel like I'm standing on line for a completely overrated Shake Shack burger. I finally get to the gate and am told we are delayed by 30 minutes.
Anybody who travels knows this is the worst kind of delay, because it does not allow you to do anything. If you leave the area, you might just miss pre-boarding, so you can't relax because you will be pacing back and forth to the board every thirty seconds

Anyway I stand around for 30 minutes and right as we are due to board it gets pushed back another 30 minutes, a half hour later gets me yet another delay, this one for 45 minutes and then 30 minutes later they finally the dreaded cancellation announcement. Since I am not flying to a real popular destination like Chicago or LA it also means that there aren't many options and the next flight out of LaGuardia leaves at 4pm, and it's only 10:30. I go to the desk and am told there is a 2pm out of JFK, so I jump in a $40 cab (delta does not pay for this as it is weather related) and head to JFK. Now I sit here for three hours...wait make that three and a half hours since we were just delayed another half an hour here

Kill me.


Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Baby Stu said...

They're talking about branching into Chicken Shack now. THAT'S something I could get into.