Thursday, May 28, 2015

Take on the old couch

I bought a couch a decade ago at one of those couch warehouse places on Atlantic Avenue In Brooklyn, actually it was three pieces that came as one set including a love-seat and a single chair. The combo probably cost me $800 which, at the time, seemed like a fortune. The craftsmanship on the couch was nothing to write home about, the materials were nothing special and the Teflon like microfibers didn't repel stains like they claimed and instead absorbed and spread them but for a decade it served me well, or at least adequately.

Well this week I finally let go, putting the couch on the stoop and hoping for a buyer and by buyer I mean somebody who wanted to expend enough energy in lugging the piss covered thing away for the price of $0.00. The thing is that had I still lived in Brooklyn the couch would have been gone before all four legs hit the pavement stains and all. Years ago I'd put out old college engineering textbooks which would be gone before you came down with the second set but in the burbs the foot traffic isn't quite as heavy and the amount of poor college kids willing to lift a finger to get something for free is near nil.

So now I am just hoping the garbage truck takes it away and doesn't charge me some kind of additional heavy carriage fee cause I sure as hell am not putting it on Craigslist to have a psychopath come and cut me up and eat me for dinner on his brand new couch

2 comments:

Baby Stu said...

I didn't expect this to get all sexual at the end like that.

Righetti said...

We felt like we owed you a good one after all the complaining this week