Friday, May 8, 2015

Take on the one way text message thread

When I deal with a contractor, landscaper or handyman I like to have a record of our communication which is one reason I prefer to have things in writing. The issue is that the average guy working on your house has no ability to communicate using anything other than face to face.
I have been trying desperately to get some
work set up with a guy to do some masonry and every time I text him, he calls me back. I get that this is his preferred method bit it doesn't work for me because I need a quick answer and don't want to be tied up in the middle of the day with pleasantries but more importantly I want a written record of what we discussed. So now I follow up every conversation with a message but as he never replies via text, it is a long continuous one way conversation

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

People who call instead of write are trying to avoid getting pinned to a written record of their statements. Be wary of these people. They will try to rip you off, if you are doing business with them.