Saturday, April 19, 2014

Take on parenting 101

Just heard that there are hippy Brooklyn Parents sending their kids to
school wearing weighted vests and I just about lost it. These
hyperactive but otherwise normal kids are being physically weighed
down in order to slow them down which I guess is better than Ritalin
but I have to think this is a very short sighted solution. Like any
other form of weight training, this will only make you stronger. I can
only imagine what happens when these kids take that vest off. It must
be like a pogo stick when they finally get freed which sounds
absolutely frightening for overtired parents

Then again, I have criticized other parenting styles to only find
myself falling into that exact same solution behavior, so don't be
shocked if a couple of weighted vests are heading from Amazon to the
Jersey suburbs.

No comments: