Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Take on the 1 year old on a sailboat

Questioning parenting choices can be tricky and something which is
very difficult especially when it comes from the sidelines. I learned
long ago that a lot of the hard rules I made before becoming a parent
are ones I've broken countless times. With that said, when I read the
Navy had been tasked to rescue a family planning on a world tour on a
sailboat stuck in the middle of the a Pacific when their one year old
got sick, I got sick. They had Hoped to land in New Zealand in a few
weeks with only the two parents and two daughters aged 1 and 3
on-board Not only does traveling around the world on a dingy seem
ludicrous, doing it with two kids under four is insanity. Forget the
irresponsibility and safety issue, the real issue is sanity. I had
two kids under the age of five and can't keep them still in my minivan
for the drive to my mother's house, how the hell they thought that
putting them on a boat for three months seemed smart is beyond me. I
would have jumped over myself

No comments: