Friday, November 15, 2013

Take on Chinese Chicken

This is not chicken. I don't care how many times I am told that it
is, I will not believe that the stuff they serve as chicken in China
has anything to do with the stuff Frank Purdue was hawking on American
television when I was a kid. When they serve you a dish and the only
thing you can place as having possibly been on the bird is that little
scrotum looking thing on their necks, you know you will be spending a
good few hours praying to the porcelain gods. I have eaten chicken my
entire life and have had white and dark meat, I have had chicken
breast, chicken legs and chicken wings but what they serve here is
unrecognizable. It's all bony, all tastes like some weird spice and
all seems like a Where's Waldo episode when trying to peg it on the
actual bird.

2 comments:

Zed said...

We need updates on your Korean and Chinese hotels. Those are always the best posts.

Mr. R. Lee said...

I can't even eat KFC in China. TE food is so gross. I basically have starved and lost weight anytime I have visited Hong Kong or Shanghai.

If it weren't for McDonald's, I would have lived booze, secondhand smoke, and Pizza Hut.