Thursday, November 7, 2013

Take on the $79 replacement battery

I was in then Apple store the other day because my IPhone 5 keeps
crapping out on me. I'd have the battery jump from 30% to 20% in
seconds and often when it got to below 15% it would just shut off.
Then I'd plug it back in and immediately the battery would read 16%
again. After deciding to deal with this before I went to China, I
found myself waiting for a half hour before finally getting served at
the Genius Bar. The dude with the pony-tail, nose-ring and eyelid
tattoo told that my battery was kicked. Obviously, the next thing he
told me is that it's out of warranty and that it would cost me my
first born to get it replaced. It wound up spending $79 to get my
crappy battery replaced, which in itself is ridiculously expensive but
what really irked me is that every other phone on the market this
entire process is done much more efficiently, not to mention done more
cheaply. If you have an Android, you go to Amazon and within 2 days
you get a replacement battery for $9 if it's a generic or $35 if it's
a genuine one. But even the price difference doesn't irk me as much
as the inconvenience of having to spend 2 hours to basically have
somebody pop a battery into a phone.

2 comments:

DeSean Jackson said...

FUUUUUUKKKKKK, man.

No tits. No pussy. Sucks.

DeSean Jackson said...

Thas some bool-shit.