Sunday, July 1, 2012

Take on moving

13 years ago when I left New Jersey, I left behind a lifetime of
memories, a handful of BonJovi records and 45 pounds. The day of my
big move I called a few buddies and for the cost of a couple of pizzas
and a case of beer we moved all of my belongings in the bed of a Dodge
pickup and my Jeep Wrangler. When I moved four years later, I was
able to call on the same team but rented a UHaul to cross the East
River to Brooklyn, six years later I called man with a van and moved
10 miles south. Then when two years later I moved back across two
rivers back to jersey, I opted for a legit moving company who managed
to puzzle-piece an entire 18 foot moving truck full of my crap. It is
shocking to see how much shit (I don't use that word lightly by the
way) I have accumulated over the last 15 years and how much I hate all
of it. There was literally not an empty spot left in the moving can
and I had to drive back the next day to take the last piece that just
couldn't fit
I swear that if the brakes on the van had failed and the entire moving
truck flipped over the railing of the GWB I would have secretly
thanked God for my fortune -assuming of course the three Persians in
the van got out completely unharmed.

No comments: