Sunday, July 22, 2012

Take on customer exchange

When I bought some bins at Target last week, I dreaded it as soon as I
got home. But although the package indicated it was a white one in
the box, when I got home it contained a green one which I noticed as
soon as I came home. The issue wasn't the color as much as it was the
schlep of having to return to Target to exchange them. The problem
is that I bought a $4.99 item and was going to exchange it for another
$4.99 item which sounds simple but means you have to go stand in a
long line. This is when I just feel like walking into target,
dropping off the wrong one, picking up the right one and walking back
out cause the prices are literally the same so you aren't stealing
anything but this isn't the way it works. You have to officially
exchange these things so as to not mess up their inventory management
because it would mean they'd have one too many green ones and too few
white ones and that means that this white one has to spend 20 minutes
on line.

No comments: