Tuesday, July 17, 2012

take on the hasdic half-day

Today we continue our week of hate, out attempt to get back to a more
unapologetic assessment of how we really feel
I am all for religious freedom as long a I have the freedom to not
deal with your religion but when it starts encroaching on my rights or
affecting me personally I realize why I'm turned off to the entire
mother-goose mortality a long time ago

Explain to me how this works;  I know a Hasidic guy, I'm talking full
beard having, black suit with white socks wearing, fur hat on Saturday
donning man of faith.   He's a good dude and we have our laughs but
when it comes to Friday night I feel like I'm being had.  See come
winter time when the sun sets at 4:30, I get him leaving at 2:30pm to
get home but when it's summer solace and the sun doesn't set till 9pm,
using your get-out-of-work free card seems a bit disingenuous.  He
walks out at 4pm on a Friday which gives him nearly 5 hours till
Sundown.   On top of everything with all the days you can legitimately
leave early in the winter, isn't it at least fair to make up some of
that time when the sun shines till 9pm.  
 
See you can't have it both ways with this stuff.. either you vote in an
unbreakable bloc, bang through a sheet, bath haphazardly and you
follow the Torah to the word which means you could legitimitaly be home
in time in the summer if you leave at 6pm cause otherwise you are just
another guy using your religion to get out of doing something making
you yet another hypocrite wearing a Harry Hanukkah hat

No comments: