Sunday, October 9, 2011

Take on inflight duty free




Maybe it is just a cruel trick or maybe it's just bad luck but it seems to me that the second I close my eyes and fall asleep on a long international flight I get startled awake by some pointless commercial for duty free items. I swear that considering I have flown over 500,000 miles on my lifetime, I have never seen anybody actually buy a bottle of perfume or a watch while sitting in their seat 10,000 feet above the ocean. Now that os not yo say that people don't buy duty free items as I have seen plenty of cases of Marlboro's and liters of Johnny Walker bought in airport shops but I have never seen that transaction happened in the air
So I can only conclude that this message is used to force you awake as a cruel joke because i cannot imagine why anybody feels the need to announce something that nobody will actually buy

No comments: