Sunday, October 16, 2011

take on the carnival rides


So I spent the day at some New England county fair stuffing my fat face with fried dough, spending $10 to try to win some shitty beanbag doll and being serenaded by some U2 cover-band while watching the fall foliage surrounded by people who look like they are in permanent fall mode.   Fun for all until I got the courage to go up on the ferris wheel which looked like it hadn't been updated since the 60's.    I swear there were bolts hanging out, rotten screws and the guy running the thing had less teeth than customers.   I have never been so scared in my life as with every slight movement, it felt you were bringing the entire thing down to its final demise.
Forget rebuilding our infrastructure we need to rebuild our carnivals

sent from my iPhone

No comments: