Saturday, October 29, 2011

Take on climate change

I know there is a segment of the population who believes climate change is a total hoax. Then again this are the same people who generally believe the earth is 5000 years old and Noah and his ark were a depiction of actual events. Well I can't tell you I have any proof other than what i see everyday and I know for sure that the weather we get up here in NYC is different than the weather we used to get when I was a kid. Long gone are the three months of fall we'd have with weeks on end in the 50's and 60's or a nice long spring with weather in the 70's and 80's. We go from a miserable summer with tons of rain to a cold wet fall followed by an endless winter and then we skip right over spring and go back to humid summer.
During the winter the news reported it had been the snowiest winter on record in this area. Well it was followed up by an incredibly wet spring and winter and now three days before Halloween we have 3 inches of snow again. This will go down as the year with the most precipitation and I don't think it'll be close

No comments: