Monday, July 13, 2009

Upgrade






So I finally get a new version of the Blackberry moving from the BB8830 to the new Blackberry Tour and so far my review is positive. Nice interface, slightly smaller design, the new BB operating software is easy, the 3.2MB camera is good (mainly because the 0.0MB camera that came with the BB830was nonexistent), they finally got rid of that terrible Blackberry browser and added one that feels like a normal computer browser, the keys seems to work and so far I’m getting all my emails.. It’s like a 10 for 10 in the world of Righetti.

Problem is the following.

For some reason they decided to nickel-and-dime you with some of the additional hardware which I am convinced that this is another one of these scams companies put together to force you to buy a bunch of new crap. . First they change the charger plug type so the ten different blackberry chargers I’ve accumulated at work, for the car, in my travel bag, at home etc are now completely useless. The old BB charger was a standard mini-USB one which works well mainly because it can double as a charger for other electronics I already have like the Garmin, the Kindle, my wife’s Blackberry curve and a bunch of other things you need to charge anyway but not my new BB. The other noticeable difference is that they changed the battery slightly, so the extra battery I bought doesn’t fit in anymore. Then they change the headset hole, it is now is a big-fat normal-headphone plug instead of the old slightly thinner plug.

It’s just another reason the BB people decided it was important to swindle another $29.99 out of their loyal users so they can get a new car-charger, $14.99 for another wall charger and $19.99 for another headset. And it will mean a bunch of old stuff going to the landfills around my area.

Absolute scam!!!

No comments: