Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hot Dog


I had a hard night sleep last night and it wasn't because I was drunk or hung-over or particularly hot but I couldn't get myself into that REM phase because every half hour I'd feel my dinner coming back up.

I have a question.. how is it that a processed piece of food like a hot-dog is so difficult for me to process?  I had a couple of dogs yesterday at a BBQ and then spent most of the night burping up and regurgitating half eaten dogs.  Now it's not like I had one with three pounds of cheese, six jalapeƱos and a pickle squeezed into the bun with it, just a straight all-beef dog in a bun and for some reason my body just rejected the entire concept.   If you think about the concept of a hot-dog you would think that like baby-food it should be easily digestible but whenever you have one, it's like a ticking time-bomb in your stomach waiting to conquer the waves of stomach acid.
 I obviously realize these things are just lip-and-assholes jammed together under a thin skin but it's amazing how difficult it is for me to digest these things properly.  Why is it that turkey breast which is the same concept of processed meet never gives me indigestion while a Hebrew National makes me feel like i'm about to have a heart-attack?

It's like having a Blue Moon except the beer version doesn't come up but instead comes down..

I would say that the person/company who can come up with the dog which won't give the customer stomach acid reflux could be the invention we should be striving at as a people, this is what could really help people.

No comments: