Friday, July 10, 2009

Defender of the Needy




For years New Yorkers have had a reputation for being rude and aggressive something I have argued against and have continued to believe is a huge myth until recently.

I have noticed that when a pregnant woman gets onto a subway car that 99% of the time her fellow riders prove again that they are nothing more than lazy, inconsiderate and overweight as these slobs will immediately look away doing everything in their power to not make eye-contact. The attitude is the same as the people who won’t make eye contact when a car is trying to cut in front of them on the way to a toll but unlike that scenario where the driver is completely justified in the case of the pregnant woman it shows again how inconsiderate the average lazy ass New Yorker is.

The pregnant lady scenario is one of the main reasons I never even take a seat in the subway, knowing that I don’t want to take up a spot for somebody who may need my seat way more than me but having become more keenly aware of this problem I have decided to take a different stand. I will from this point forward always grab a seat, fighting other riders for the seat if I have to for the pure reason that when a pregnant woman, woman with a small child or somebody with a handicap comes in that I can give them my seat. This is not a Metropolitan Diary scenario, I will do it quietly and not make mention of it when doing it but from today on you will see Righetti as a seat-holder for people in need.

I find this completely justified because somebody has to look out for the little people and honestly forcing the completely able bodied slobs to stand up for a few minutes is probably good for their waist lines anyway.

No comments: