Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Now I know how poor Larry Craig felt


So I’m getting out of the shower at the gym earlier today and walk to my locker to get dressed and back to work. Like usual I make no eye-contact, avoid talking to anybody and just get to getting my business on. As I walk down the stairs from the treadmill, some tanned guy with some Eric Nies haircut comes in from the street, checks in and walks to the locker-room in front of me. When he gets into the locker-room he scopes out the place while I walk past him to the first available locker. I get to my locker and he chooses the locker directly next to mine. I get my wet clothes on but notice that the dude is getting completely undressed, he’s got some kind of bird tattoo on his left shoulder blade and he walks down to the showers. He must be 5 strides ahead of me and he turns around to go get something, the problem is not that he is hung like an icicle while I’m more like an ice-cube but that he keeps walking past me and kind of crazes my arm. I go to the shower wash up and get back to my locker and start getting dressed. Shoulder-Blade Tattoo guy comes out of the shower with no towel on and walks towards his locker. For the second time I notice that he grazes against me. He walks past me one more time and says “excuse me” as he touches his hand on my back. Now I have no issue with a couple of guys doing the vertical shuffle but I don’t specifically need to feel like I’m propositioned every time I take a shower. I’m also not that into people who come off the street in their work-clothes; go to the locker room to take a shower and then kind of hang around the locker-room.


The showers are meant to be used AFTER you work out, not as a place TO work out.

I have a bad life.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

david, i LOVE your steamroom crusing stories. you totally got cruised by the crisco power bottom. where exactly is your gym? and which gym do you go to? alberto & brady used to tell me all these stories. if you think the lockerroom is bad, you should walk into the steamroom.

Cathy said...

are your showers stalls or curtains only? cuz a gay coworker once told me that he went to ny health & raquetball club and you'd think that over there that steamroom cruising sh!t doesn't happen but he said it totally happens A LOT but it's mostly older 50+ year old daddies who do the cruising to younger boys. he was taking a shower once and an older cruiser opened his shower curtain to peek in and the cruiser winked at him. i don't understand why people hang out COMPLETELY NAKED in the lockerroom. do you have those guys in there who stand there completely naked and blowdry their hair???

Righetti said...

the problem is not that these guys stand naked blow-drying their hair is that they stand naked blow drying their pubic hair

The Bump said...

fag