Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Top of the List

I don't have an off-list of people I want dead because I am afraid that I would make it on more lists of other people and making my own may only tempt my fate.

But if I did have those kinds of fantasies then there would be only one person on it.


Cue Wonder Years Music

1986 the fifth grade

There I sat the little weird foreign kid from Holland having immigrated about a year ago with the suspenders and clogs on just desperately hoping to not be noticed. Although I had made huge strides I still had a hard time with the language speaking with some little accent. In a year in at Fort Lee's school #4 I had managed to make exactly one friend who happened to be the one kid who to this day may still not have been laid.
Things were pretty bad in the fifth grade because I was miserable and had no-one to turn to but I had finally started to hit my stride which in my terms meant that I could go a few days without being noticed and made fun of. I was the one kid who wasn't allowed to play dodge ball because some fat bully wouldn't let me play. I had lunch alone most days which consisted of brown bread cheese sandwiches while the other kids had snack-packs and pizza. My parents couldn't afford a car so we walked to school in the rain or snow, I tried out for little league and was sent to Pee Wee's as a 10 year old because I had never thrown a ball. I usually struggled through most classes as I sat in my little desk waiting for the ESL teacher to come take me out of my misery when the rest of our class would get Language Arts.

Well one day, sitting in class my fifth grade teacher my teacher Mrs Moser stops in the middle on some lesson on The Civil War or arithmetic and exclaims in front of the whole class

"David, is that the same pen mark you had on your face yesterday? Do you not shower or something".

My face turned bright red as I sunk into my chair.

She continued badgering me "I don't know what you people do but in this country we take pride in cleanliness"

I tried desperately to come up with something finally saying that I did but did not use soap on my face as it would be bad for the skin but this c*nt was relentless and sends me out of the class humiliated to go wash my face in the sink in the bathroom

I went from the weird foreign kid to the dirty outcast and my life went from unknown to tortured by my class mates, the fifth and sixth grades only got worse as I was constantly teased for two straight years

What bothers me to this day was that she didn't take me aside privately, didn't make it funny and didn't try to help me through it. She cast me out to sea and then took pleasure in seeing me drown.. I was already the 10 years old outcast when this vengeance bitch unleashed to humiliate and scar me.

Well I'm over it now but if there is a bus somewhere driving down a street who doesn't notice this witch crossing, I can only hope he mistakenly hits the gas instead of the brakes.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cathy said...

i didn't know you were from holland. was your teacher a young attractive teacher or an old mean one? i don't know why i ask things like that. i think cuz when i was little, i thought these teachers were all SO old but then now i realize they were all like 26 years old or something.