Monday, July 20, 2009

Curb your damn horse




I love dogs and have always loved them although I am much more a fan of my own dogs than I am of some other slobbering beast.

What I am NOT a fan of is people who don’t curb their dogs which I feel are sometimes a bigger issue in a big city than it ever was in a small town. It’s not uncommon for me to walk out of my house and find a big heaping pile of dog-crap sitting next to my NY Times (which luckily is wrapped in that blue bag). This attitude of ‘other people should do it’ seems more common when you don’t yourself have a private sidewalk or yard. 


This was a huge problem in NYC where I my then girlfriend/now wife used to live where every morning it would be like an obstacle course dodging dog-crap. Luckily in Brooklyn it’s less of an issue although I do notice that early in the morning when people don’t think other’s are around that they are less likely to bend down.

This is bitter irony of it

You decide to buy a damn dog, you get to play with him, take him for runs and throw th ball around but you don’t feel like you should pick up its shit, I am just a guy who doesn’t have a dog and thus don’t get any of the pleasures of having it’s companionship but still have to pick up dog-shit.

There are other issues too

1) Just because you pick up the largest pieces should not mean you can leave the racing stripes on the sidewalk. How about dog-owners bring a spray bottle to at least attempt to get some of the left-over gunk off the sidewalk

2) I can’t tell you how rude I find it that people let their mutts piss on garbage bags. Some garbage man has to pick these bags up, it’s not like the dog is pissing on a pile of garbage but he’s pissing on the bag which is meant to contain the filth. If your dog can’t get this done, strap a condom on him which you can throw out into a garbage bag when he’s filled it.

3) Why do horses get away with being able to take gigantic horse dumps on the street, I was in central park the other day and I felt like I was in trying to avoid land-mines. These horse-and-carriage drivers should get off their high-horses and bend down with a shovel to pick this crap up. Police horses get away with the same

No comments: