Friday, April 24, 2009

Sometimes you don't know till you know

You know when you ask somebody a question like “what did you do last month on the 2nd Saturday?” and they answer you with something idiotic like “I don’t even remember what I had for lunch today”
Well this does sometimes happened but luckily God has created a fool proof tracking system to make sure you had a healthy lunch. Let me explain.
I’m standing in the john the other day watering the old hose when all of a sudden a strong noxious odor comes over me. I inspect and this isn’t one of those ‘not enough water’ moments and luckily it wasn’t one of those “I thought I was gonna rip wind but instead I…..” I stand there in shock and for a few seconds I rack my brain trying to figure out where it might have originated and all of a sudden I realize I did have that asparagus earlier in the day.

This is one of God’s little secrets; weird smelling asparagus urine, red beets and the back-door dealings of the NY State assembly. Things that have some explanation but having to hear the dirty details isn’t really worth you going through the trouble. Somehow it seems (and smells) like your body is trying to give you some information, like this is poisonous for you kind of like when you pull your hand away when you touch a hot stove but we’re just to pig-headed to see what is obviously somebody screaming for help.

No comments: