Thursday, April 23, 2009

Take on the Blue Tooth


I stand online and all of a sudden some dude standing next to me starts asking about some way to pull equity out of his house in this market, I turn around and start to answer him and he looks at me like I am the guy who's got not clue about what's been happening since September.
I think he's some lunatic who is talking to himself and nobody's home, then realize he's got one of those stupid blinking earpieces and he's having a conversation with somebody else.

Is there anything more arrogant that some jackass standing around having a seemingly normal conversation with himself. I am sorry that you can't expend the energy to lift your arm up to your head but it wouldn't kill you to live within the confines of normal society. Now if your operating heavy machinery or driving a Hyundai Sonata than I can see the need to have two hands available but when you are standing on one of those security lines at the airport it's the equivalent of taking out your winky and peeing on the floor.

I am not anti-technology but I am anti anti-social and there is nothing more anti-social than this bluetooth revolution. Just look around, and anybody who has one of these things and isn't in a car is an absolute arrogant a-hole.

4 comments:

Philip Ryan said...

Most importantly, they look ridiculous!!!

Guaranteed though that everyone will use them or something like them within a few years. Remember how talking on the phone in public was rude?

Now then, they may contradict this but what are your thoughts on people trying to talk to you when it's clear that you have headphones on? This happens most on planes but also on the bus and on subway platforms. Either start a
Conversation or ask directions from
Someone who's not wearing earphones!!!

Righetti said...

this actually happens to me a lot when i'm running and it deserves a TOR.

Cathy said...

lmfao whenever i'm in a cab, the cabbie starts talking and i think he's talking to me and then i see the bluetooth or whatever they are called (i still have a phone from 2005 so i don't know) and i realize he's talking to someone else. i always wonder who cabbies are talking to at 6am. are they talking to other cabbies?

Righetti said...

at least the cabbie is driving a car.. These guys who use a blue-tooth when they are buying groceries should be shot