Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm a Yankee fan who just hates the Yankees

I'm not exactly sure when it happened but at some point I decided that I hate baseball and more specifically I hate the Yankees.

Now I am not sure how the hell this went so badly because I love the sport, played it as a kid and coached it for 6 years as an adult. I remember staying up nights listening to radio play-by-play and just praying that Dan Pasqua would just hit a single when the Yanks won the world series in 96 I nearly cried...but somewhere in between signing Roger Clemens, a $200million dollar payroll, ARoid and the Yanks demanding NYC get them more money for their stupid stadium.

The Yankees don't do anything right anymore, the draft badly, trade terribly, sign terrible free agents, play without heart and as an organization have looked the other way too many times with steroids.

the Yankees are so hateable right now, in the 90's they had the most money but at least the players were hard-nose and played the game the right way. See before you could at least think that you were rooting for the Dark Side which I can embrace except the Dark Side actually dominated

I hate having to root for these guys because they aren't your father's Yankees anymore, they are just a group of the highest paid players who as soon as they pull on the pinstriped only achieve to under-achieve.

So let me get play the season out, they are going to spend another $200 million in payroll and compete with teams only spending $40 million and then they are going to have 80% of their shitty team juice..

Apparently somebody should tell them that it isn't working as they haven't won a playoff series in about a decade.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the best time for me to suggest you become a Red Sox fan :)
-Nora