Sunday, February 8, 2009

Backack



So somehow in between the Samba class I took Friday Night and the Gluten-Free Pizza, I did some real damage to my body, now this isn't the normal Friday Night damage I do with shots of whiskey and little sleep.  See, I'm not exactly sure how or why but at some point my back went from a flexible Gumby type to a stiff lego-piece.
Now most of the time I am thrilled to not be flailing around like a wet noodle but not this time as somehow I've turned into an old man overnight. When I walk I'm completely hunched  and I can't even think about going for a run, I can't walk up the stairs carrying anything heavier than a Gatorade, I can't stand around, .. So all I do now is sit, suffer and try to blog.   I guess it serves me right for overdoing it in an introductory dance class.  

I remember when Don Mattingly's career was coming to an end because of back problems when he lost all ability to hit for power and Larry Johnson's years with the Knicks where nothing like his first year's with the Hornets in terms of athleticism, and I finally can see why.  It's not that you don't want to do something, it's that your back just doesn't allow you to do it.   

I have to go find some Asian Massage parlor, some sauna, some hot-tub, some vicodin, some anything because I am not sure I'm going to be able to take this much longer

My life is very very very not good

1 comment:

Cathy said...

did you really take an introductory dance class?!