Monday, February 16, 2009

Friday Night Mayhem





You know I love to rant and rave and bitch and complain and since I’m at work today while the rest of you are celebrating Lincoln’s birthday you will have to feel some of my pain by reading a TOR Rant.


I think there is nothing I find more annoying than having somebody throw a party on a Friday Night at some bar that doesn’t starts until 10PM. First of all Friday Night is happy-hour night, you leave work throw back a couple of drinks, maybe grab some dinner and rip it up there.
New York City in particular is perfect for the Friday Evening after work thing, unlike places like Boston or Los Angeles or Fort Lee where you can’t possibly go out until we are 2 hours from your car turning into a pumpkin, New York's pretty people are out early and stay out late.


So the hot-chicks are out early which is of course important, but there is a much more important question:
what the hell am I suppose to do from 6PM when I leave work to 10PM when your party starts?

My options are as follows


  1. Get on the subway and ride it up and down like I’m a homeless person, so if I smell like I sat in urine it's your fault

  2. Get hammered at another bar which will mean I’ll be a puddle of piss by the time I get to this party at 10pm, so if i show up and embarrase you, it's really your own fault

  3. Head home with the thought of coming back into the city, chances of this happening is about 5%, so if i dont' show up, don't blame me..it's your fault.

So I’m putting my foot down.. if you want me to come to your little party on a Friday night, start it at 7pm. If you want to do dinner first, I’m game but don’t have me walk up and down the block like I’m some kind of mental patient.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

david, lmfao i keep cracking up cuz i am always calling people by their name. i always call my husband "richie". it's weird when married people call each other by first name unless they're arguing or something. na mean? cuz he really never says "cathy..." anyways, i agree with you about friday happy hour. HOWEVER, the gym is the perfect thing to do in between 6-8pm. and then you have high energy again. or if i went to the gym in the morning already, i'll go home and nap for 3 hours cuz i can't take 30 min naps. and then i'll have high energy for going out. but yes, i always try to meet early on. summer fridays are the best cuz i'll go to yuca bar and drink at 3pm. it's sooooo not crowded and peaceful and great. and then i go home by a decent time and sleep 12 hours and wake up early on saturday and not waste it. omfg i talk too much. you're thinking, who cares about your life crazy b!tch