Friday, October 17, 2008

I wonder what McCain was thinking here?


The above picture was taken at the end of the debate when McCain couldn't decide which way to walk to greet Bob Schieffer, I remember the moment and thought it was pretty entertaining but I'm glad that Reuters got a picture of it.

Alessandra Stanley describing the bate basically came down to a pseudo court case of George Bush vs Joe the Plumber today with Obama as the smooth prosecutor and McCain as the personal injury lawyer.  
Apparently being a plumber can get you a gig that pays a quarter million dollars a year, what the hell am I doing traveling from China to Germany to Belgium to Cleveland when I could be making so much more money as an unlicensed plumber?

Does it get much worse or better?   Playboy facing the downturn in the economy is cutting 55 jobs, I just have to hope the jobs they are cutting means that we'll be getting a bunch of new secretary requests in our office building.   There seems to be a lot of talk in Belgium about the new "film" Nailin' Palin which has hit the store shelves recently.  I saw the DVD box cover and I wonder why they couldn't at least get a chick that looked slightly like Palin.

I want to know what happened to the David Brooks I know and love.   First he throws Palin under the bus and today he all but endorses the Messiah for president.   William F. Buckley must be turning over in his grave.

No comments: