Saturday, August 15, 2015

Take on Tianjin

Nothing makes your anxiety for an eight day trip to China peak like reading about an industrial disaster like the explosion in Tianjin this week. Days later they still have not contained the fire and the list of the people killed seems to be climbing by the hour.
What is most distressing as I am about to board a flight to Shanghai is that you know that once I am there, I will have no ability to get information which you could believe to be completely accurate and reliable.
We'll do our best to report our findings when we get on the ground but I am planning to fill up on food at the lounge before we take off

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

You are a frequent world traveler. By now, you should know that everything in the news is overblown, exaggerated, pulpy, biased, and built for entertainment consumption.

4 dead people out of a nation of 1.3 billion or whatever China is at these days. That's nothing.

Nothing will happen to you on your trip. No risk, no danger, no harm. Nothing more than lost luggage has ever happened to anyone I have ever known in my life, and I have known some idiots who took drugs with them on airplane flights to Vegas.