Sunday, August 23, 2015

Take on the Loser Yankees


Another lame Saturday, another lame Yankee pre game ceremony.  This time they retired Jorge Posada's number, the last of the "core four" although he didn't have that much to do with the 96 team.  Anyway, they decided that they needed to retire him number which now means he joins legends Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio along with such non Yankee legends as Billy "a few too many" Martin, Andy "PED" Pettitte and Reggie "only played five years as a Yankee" Jackson.   Even Bernie, Donnie and Guidry are not all time Yankees and they have retired about five managers, a bat boy, the clubhouse attendant and the lead groundskeeper for his rendition of YMCA.  

I'm sure ARod and Texiera and Brett Gardner days await us soon.  I'm still waiting for them to finally retire #19, a true legend who was invaluable to the success of the Yanks of my youth should be hung up there too..yes I mean Yankee great Luis Sojo 

This team sucks 




Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Baby Stu said...

Someone told me the other day that they were retiring Andy Pettite's number and I was baffled why Houston would do that. That's such an embarrassment to have a guy who will clearly be remembered a Yankee hanging in the rafters of the Astrodome or wherever they play. My friend then told me it was a Yankee ceremony and I figured that it was some lame money grab in a hallway built outside the stadium. Then I thought about it some more and insisted that my friend was wrong and that there simply was no way that Andy Pettite's jersey is hanging next to Ruth and Gehrig's. Now I read this and am so glad that I always hated the Yankees. Those Steinbrenner sons are going to ruin everything.....but as I always said, New York City goes as the Yankees go. Bad times ahead.

Mr. R. Lee said...

The Dodgers haven't even retired the jersey numbers of iconic L.A. Dodger players like Fernando Valenzuela or Orel Hershiser, but the Yankees are retiring "immortals" such as Bernie Williams and Andy Pettite?

What a joke.