Friday, June 26, 2015

Take on the guy who parks in front of my house

I have given up any sense of a social life, any hope for a decent restaurant, any level of coolness not to mention the 3 hours per day I give up in commuting time to live in the suburbs.   The two things that make it palatable is that my kids have plenty of room to play and I don't have to search for parking spot. 
But I have come across another issue which makes me want to rip my eyes out, for some reason one of my neighbors has decided to regularly park in front of my house even though they have a driveway, garage and, well, their own sidewalk to park in front of.  I get that it is a free world and I don't have rights over the space in front of my house but I find it incredibly irritating that when I look out of my window it looks like I am living in a strip mall.  There are some laws about overnight parking but it only applies to the winter months but still I always park in my driveway.  If you have a nice neighborhood there is no quicker way to turn a it into a white trash hole than having the streets look like my morning commute through the Lincoln Tunnel 

But as absolutely horrible as it looks on a street as a whole, it would seem that at minimum people have some common courtesy by not leaving their cars parked in front of my house because I moved out to the burbs to not look like I live on 5th avenue. 

Of course, now I am in the position of having to either confront my neighbor which will obviously be awkward and may lead to unneeded bad blood or I play a very passive aggressive game of property rights and start parking in front of his house.  

Or maybe I'll be even more passive and just pee on his hedge 





Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Baby Stu said...

Sounds like a job for me and Conway in ski masks.

Mr. R. Lee said...

Just put an orange construction cone in the space. You can buy them at any hardware store for cheap.

Righetti said...

cause that will help with property value