Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Take on the $10 drink

I walked into the supermarket his week and in the vegetable aisle, right next to that weird redd leafy salad thing was a new collection of fruit smoothie drinks.   I walked over trying to decide if I'd buy one for lunch tomorrow but was stopped in my tracks immediately. It wasn't the combination of kale, oregano, hemp seeds and acai that made me gag, it was the price tag.  The regular price for a 16 ounce drink was $9.99.   This isn't a freshly squeezed health shake at Equinox, this is some prepackaged compost shoved into a plastic bottle and labeled for some hippy.  For $10 you'd think that you would at least get a nice glass bottle because nothing screams organic like a PVC. 




Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Baby Stu said...

You leave Jack Burton alone!

Mr. R. Lee said...

Tuesday was the annual 6-9, so I had expected something more adult-oriented for your Tuesday update than this.

Disappointed.

Mr. R. Lee said...

Btw, I remember the days of Pulp Fiction. The year was 1994. The characters complained about a $5 milkshake.

Now, that seems pretty fucking cheap. 20 years have changed the world. Thanks a lot, inflation.