Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Take on the blocked cell phone number

I've been dealing with a couple of contractors lately and have dealt with the typical problems when dealing with these guys (unreliable, not finishing work, more expensive than expected etc) so was thrilled to find a guy to do some masonry work who seemed decent and came with a load of positive Angie's List reviews. My issue is that ever time the guy calls, his number shows up as unknown which means I ignore the call. I already hate speaking on my phone, so if you block your cellphone number, I have a good reason to not pick it it up. But I now constantly miss calls from the guy which makes working with him impossible since I need to coordinate a bunch of things and that doesn't work if you spend half the time playing phone tag
I get blocking your number if you are a single girl or whatever but if this is you are a 59 year old man and this is your business line?? WTF

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

It is because they are trying to avoid debt collectors or lawyers. I have found that contractors are especially prone to being slippery in business, so they plan ahead to be slippery when dealing with inevitable litigation. Both large contractors who do huge office tower projects and small contractors who do home improvements. They are all crooks.