Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Take on the name on the pinstripes

There really is nothing lamer than somebody sporting a Yankee jersey with the name printed on the back, except maybe getting your hot-dog bun signed by Michael Kay while wearing said jersey.   I sort of get the argument that you might not want everybody to think you are a big Luis Sojo fan cause you have a #19 jersey on but it is utterly ridiculous for any Yankee fan walking around Steinbrenner field wearing an iconic number like 2,3,4,5,7,8,8 or 42.    So take your mustard stained jersey off and come back when you've removed the letters. 

It's not as if Michael Kay doesn't realize that Wayne Tolleson wore #2





Sent from Outlook

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

I have a #23 Don Mattingly Yankees jersey, and yes, it has the name, "Mattingly" on the back.

I got it at Yankee Stadium a couple of years ago, and that's the only way the jersey was sold.

So it appears that your complaints should be taken up with the official New York Yankees pro shop at the stadium.

Btw, I'm not a Yankee fan. I just liked Don Mattingly as as player and still have a bunch of his baseball cards.

So I have no idea who the hell #2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, or 42 are on the Yankees. And I'm a huge sports fan, so that means if I don't know, then no one knows.

The only Yankee number I know is Reggie Jackson at #44.