Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Take on the do not urinate in the subway signs

Lately there have been these mysterious signs popping up in the subway system imploring people to not piss in the stations. This does not seem like the kind of thing that needs to be laid out like this but in a world where common decency does not prevail, I guess it might not be a terrible idea.
My question is, is there anybody who would see this sign and think "ok, maybe I will go find a pisser"? If you have already made the decision to become the kind of person who pisses on a mass transit platform, will this stop you.
Especially because I tend to think there are only two types of subway pissers...drunk frat boy types and homeless people and I don't think either gives a shit about a stupid photocopied sign.

And why the hell does the MTA take down the signs people put up to show you what side of the train you should get onto based on which station you will get out on?? Maybe they can spend less time on that lame vigilance and more time on cleaning up piss

2 comments:

Baby Stu said...

I hear that in Boston, they have "Do Not Dive In the Garbage" signs.

Mr. R. Lee said...

"And why the hell does the MTA take down the signs people put up to show you what side of the train you should get onto based on which station you will get out on??"


Agreed.

Last year, I got off the subway in Flushing to watch US Open tennis, walked out of the station the wrong way, and ended up at a Mets game.

That was terrible. I never want to experience that kind of horrible aura again.