Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Take on being off the grid

I was sitting in a four hour meeting this pending after fighting four hours of traffic on the 405 in the hellhole they call the City of Angels this week and when I got out of my meeting this is what my phone looked like
3 text messages, 18 missed calls and 96 emails. I am a person who incessantly checks his email, so even seeing 5 email notifications get me nervous but I have never in my life stared at 117 total notifications and I nearly shit myself which would have sucked on the 405 in rush hour.
Anyway, I hate my life, I hate having to answer 96 emails, I hate LA, I hate Westwood, I hate the fact they have beautiful beaches, babes in bikinis and endless summer and I hate the f&cking 405

1 comment:

Mr. R. Lee said...

96 emails, 18 missed calls, and 3 texts?

Obviously, you have forgotten the serial text message heyday of the crazy broads in NYC. Those days, I'd wake up to 500 text message notifications (all from them), 100 emails (most from work and some from the email list), and 2 missed calls (from early riser clients).

Nowadays, I'm still wary of CKG, who on any given day after a 2 month stretch of silence, will show up with 50 serial text messages on her own, 15 missed calls, and 20 emails. All in the span of 1 hour.