Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Take on the wintry mix

Is there a bigger misnomer than the meteorologists definition of
today's storm as a "wintry mix"? For the last few days we were told
we'd get 3-6 inches overnight but it would turn into a wintry mix by
morning. I get that they need to come up with clever descriptions but
wintry mix sounds like the crap they play on LiteFM during the
holiday, reminding you of a happy white family sitting in front of
their Christmas tree talking about all the good they have done through
the year. It's got this mystical and romantic ring to it while it
really means a miserable dump of cold wet rain on top of a batch of
snow
I felt like I was shoveling square blowing balls out of my driveway at
5:30 this morning and when I walked back out two hours later the
entire driveway was one big ice luge.

Maybe Mr. G. should dub this with something more fitting for what it
really was "a miserable dump"

1 comment:

Tim Clark said...

It is a terrible term, and an even worse occurrence. And I hate the way meteorologist seem to enjoy saying things like that.