Saturday, February 22, 2014

Take on the rear view camera

When I have up the last glimpse of coolness I had left and bought a
minivan, I knew my life was never gonna be the same. Long gone were
the nights of LTT's, beers, football talk and babes, replaced by runs
to Target and Home Depot. One thing I was told though was how easy
the minivan would make my life. The engineers apparently had asked a
bunch of moms what they needed in a car full of screaming kids and
they listened. The car door slides open with a key remote, you have
two rear view mirrors, one to check the road and the other to check
the kids. You don't need to put you key in the hole to start the car
which is probably similar to the rest of your life and it's got cup
holders, lights, chargers and seat adjustment galore.
Another feature is the rear camera, which is sort of great of you are
too lazy to turn around but this is a prime example of technology
making us worse. Driving is suppose to be a somewhat active and
engaged event, with a camera in the back and a TV mounted on the
dashboard it is just a video game and that is dangerous. Just this
week, I was making a three point turn and proceeded to crash into a
huge ice-bank, mainly because you cannot tell any depth perception in
that two dimensional camera and when it is a owning, everything looks
friggin white
So I already have a dinh in the bumper and a broken reflector, this
minivan is coating me a fortune in coolness and in actual dollars

1 comment:

Zed said...

Doesn't the car have increasing beeps when you start getting close to something???