Saturday, February 1, 2014

Take on the online opt-out

One of the (many) things I hate are we based programs that can't be
cancelled online. I tried to cancel my NYTimes.com subscription but
when I clicked on the cancel link on my homepage, of brought me to a
page with a phone number to call to process my requests.

You can sign up online, you can update your credit card online, you
can add services but when you try to cancel, it is completely
impossible. It's one thing if this is an account you signed up for by
speaking with a person, but when you signed up for it online, you
should be able to remove yourself

I get the reasoning behind this -make it as difficult to cancel as
possible- but the inconvenience only annoys me more and leaves a
terrible taste in my mouth and the five follow up offers to try to get
me to stay at big discounts makes it even more annoying.

No comments: